1952

Bethesda Land & Development Co.

Roger Sr. &  Roger Jr. formed the Bethesda Land & Development Company, to hold the Air Rights leases they negotiated with the B&O Railroad, as well as acquire additional ground for development. They also built the building at 7300 Pearl Street for the storage of lumber, shown above and still standing today.  The ground they accumulated included the location of Bethesda Sport & Health Club, originally developed by Roger Jr.'s son, Bob, in 1979 and expanded in 1985 by Bob's partner, Thomas D. W. Fauquier.  The property remains under majority ownership by the family today.